Events and News
"I liked when you showed us how a book turns from a piece of paper to a book. When I heard that you had to rewrite the story twenty times, I almost fainted!" Nick, at Joe Michell School in Livermore, CA
EVENTS Related to My Work
Upcoming Booksignings and Appearances:
- October 2017 - I will participate for the fifth time in the Humboldt County Children's Author Festival. It's a terrific three day event held every two years. 25 children's authors and illustrators visit schools throughout the county and have an ending booksigning at the Eureka Library.
- Interested in having Ginger speak at your event or school? Simply
to discuss the options!
NEWS about My Work
- I'm proud that Seasons of the Bear has been named the winner of the Storyteller Spur Award by the Western Writers of America. It is my third Spur Award from WWA. The first two were for Words West, Voices of Young Pioneers and Yosemite's Songster, One Coyote's Story.
- I'm humbled to have been named as one of the Forever Green Award recipients by the Girl Scouts of Northern California, honoring the top 100 women "greening" the future in Northern California.
- Poop Detectives, Working Dogs in the Field has been named a Junior Library Guild selection. The book has received stellar reviews.